I’m Ashley Jane! I figure I should probably tell you a little about myself. I’m a city girl by choice and a country girl by heart. I grew up in the Midwest, watching the seasons turn and enjoying the beauty of the Earth around us. Now I’m located right in the center of historic Sanford, FL, where I relish in the warm rays of the Florida sun and its general lack of snow. When I’m not working, you can find me snuggling on the couch with my pups Daisy and Nitro, sipping tea and watching Criminal Minds or Law and Order on TV, in my garden, or tearing it up at a rock concert. I was inspired to learn photography by my grandfather, a well-known landscape and fine art photographer. I am so thankful to him for showing me the outlet for the fire burning inside me. No matter where I go, photography will always be my constant. It is my soul; my art. My work is alive with the energy of captured memories.
10 fun facts about me:
- I am a firm believer in trying everything once.
- I have one younger brother Jarid and he’s my best friend.
- My favorite movie is Private Eyes…if you haven’t seen it has Don Knotts & Tim Conway in it a must see for any movie buff.
- I LOVE tattoos, I am currently finishing up my sleeve
- My favorite rollercoaster is the Cyclone at Coney Island
- My favorite color is hot pink
- I love the smell of fresh cut grass
- My dream car is a Jeep Wrangler, I’ve owned 4 and they all gave me some amazing memories.
- I’m a big kid at heart and a Disney freak and passholder; that mouse totally has me wrapped around his little finger!
- Art. I love art. All kinds; painting, sewing, ceramics, the list goes on.
As a photographer, my goal is to tell the story of your wedding day in a way no other can. I prefer to keep it genuine, and real, with a little bit of gentle direction here and there to craft your memories in a true to life yet artistic way. The best way for me to stay true to the vision of your wedding day is to get to know you as well as I can, which is one of my absolute favorite parts of my job. Your hobbies, your goals, how you met, how you came to be engaged, and all the things that bring you together. To show who you are in a way that you’ll want to pass down for generations is my goal, and I am so excited to get to know you so I can do just that!
I’d love to have you by my studio sometime so we can have a cup of coffee or a beer and chat about you and the story you want to tell. xoxo